Criteria & Requirements
The MidwestUX conference is a significant undertaking, and a successful proposal will be able to demonstrate:
- A core group of organizers and producers;
- A location that is convenient for attendees from the Midwest;
- Venues capable of seating 450 people theatre-style; 2-3 smaller rooms capable of seating 200 people each; and 3-6 rooms suitable for small sessions and workshops;
- A selection of hotels near to the conference venue(s) at various prices and quality to suit the range of needs of conference attendees (i.e from 3-star to 5-star accommodation) - please include standard room rates;
- A plan for providing Internet access (wi-fi) for attendees at all conference venues and events;
- Catering services at the venue(s);
- Potential venues for conference social events and receptions;
- A strong and vibrant local design community;
- A summary of the process by which the submission was created.
You don’t have to have all the details completely figured out, but it should be clear who will be involved, what you and your city have to offer, and how you plan on executing the event.
It should be clear that we are looking for both a (1) host city and a (2) local organizing/producing team to take the lead on MWUX14.
In an effort to be open and transparent, we are publicly responding to questions from people planning to submit proposals via a public Google doc. Questions about the proposals can be asked by email or as comments on the Q&A document. There is additional information in the Q&A that may be helpful during your proposal process.